John Henry Langton of Ireland and Ardwick, Lancashire #6375, son of Thomas Langton of Ireland and Unknown Unknown.
Born ± 1834 Ireland. Occupation: ± 1858; Policeman
Family history passed down by word of mouth is that he was in the Black&Tans (Irish Police) and was killed in the Irish Riots sometime between 1871 and 1877.
Possibly the following, but I need to research this further.
12th July 1872-Riots in Belfast following Catholic March
Married 25 May 1858 Twp of Ardwick, County of Lancaster, England Witnesses John Fitzpatrick & CatherineFitzpatrick (29 years married) to:
Ann Holt #6376, daughter of Samuel Holt and N.N..
Born ± 1837 Knutsford, Cheshire, UK, died Jun 1887 Oldham, Lancashire, UK, approximately 50 years. Occupation: 1861; Dress Maker
1. Robert John Langton of Chester #6378
Born 10 Aug 1861 Chester, Cheshire, UK, died 6 Apr 1949, 87 years
2. Mary Langton of Salford, Lancashire #6379
Born ± 1859 Salford, Lancashire, England,
3. William Langton of Wild Street, Oldham above town, Oldham, Lancash #6380
Born 11 Feb 1864 Oldham above town, Oldham, Lancashire
4. Ada Langton of Shaw Street, Oldham below town, Oldham, Lancash #6381
Born 25 Feb 1866 Oldham, Lancashire, UK
5. Thomas Spinks Langton of Shaw Street, Oldham below town, Oldham, Lancash #6382
Born 21 Dec 1869 Shaw Street, Oldham below town, Oldham, Lancashire, UK
6. John Corbbett Langton of 13 Shaw Street, Oldham below town, Oldham, Lanc #6383
Born 16 Oct 1870 Oldham below town, Oldham, Lancashire, UK