Links and Resources
Its worth noting that overtime some pages on some webstites get moved, archived, or deleted. If you click a link and it doesnt find the page its pointed at then here are a couple of tips.
First, try going to the main page of the website, and searching from there for the page as it may have been moved or archived somewhere. If that doent work and the site is gone, or the page has been deleted, then there is still hope.
There is something called the Wayback Machine, and this is basically the internets archive. Its got pages from websites at dates in the past. So, you can type in the same link that isnt working for you, into the Wayback Machine, and it will tell you what versions of that page and site it has stored for you to view. Just select the one you want and you can see the page.
- "Sealed with Blood" - an historical fiction story from David Langton of LostLangtons, centred around Archbishop Stephen Langton and Magna Carta.
Some of these messageboards, including the first in the list, also do lookup requests if you cant make it to an archive.
Genealogy and record sites
PART FREE/ PART CHARGABLE
History Sites with stuff on Langtons
Heraldry: Crests/Coat of arms and surname history sites
Books and other online Documents
- "Diaries of George Langton (1647-1727): The Unpublished Diaries of a Lincolnshire Landowner and Businessman". by David Hamilton
- "Stephen Langton". Sir Maurice Powicke
- "The Langtons of Langton" by Charles Langton. Published 1929 (limited to 100 copies, so rare and hard to get a look at)
- World Cat - Langton documents, letters, books etc.
- Langton Journals and letters from Canada, 1837-1846 with portrait and sketches. This is available on Archive.org
- The Letters of Thomas Langton to Mrs. Thomas Hornby, 1815 to 1818 with portraits and a notice of his life. Microfilmed by the LDS Family History Department.
Other Langton Directories
Non Genealogical links